Mark Strohmeyer

Default Deleting a conditional format

I have the following CF in every cell of two separate worksheets in one
workbook. I am using Excel 2000 with Win 98SE
=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))

When I try to delete it, it appears I am successful until I select a cell
then the CF is again active in every cell. The main problem is that I cannot
copy/paste or insert new rows to insert copied data.
I thought I had downloaded Chip Pearsons symbolize add in to highlight the
active cell, this add in has been removed, however, some workbooks continue
to flash an error that this addin cannot be found when I execute them.
Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this macro/addin whatever?????
Thanks, Mark

Bob Phillips

Mark,

Sounds like you have some event code behind the sheet.
Right-click the sheet name tab, and select View Code. Check if the popup
window shows some code that might look suspect.

--

HTH

RP

"Mark Strohmeyer" wrote in message
I have the following CF in every cell of two separate worksheets in one
workbook. I am using Excel 2000 with Win 98SE
=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address")))

When I try to delete it, it appears I am successful until I select a cell
then the CF is again active in every cell. The main problem is that I

cannot
copy/paste or insert new rows to insert copied data.
I thought I had downloaded Chip Pearsons symbolize add in to highlight the
active cell, this add in has been removed, however, some workbooks

continue
to flash an error that this addin cannot be found when I execute them.
Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this macro/addin whatever?????
Thanks, Mark

David McRitchie

Hi Mark,
Try selecting all cells (Ctrl+A) then under
Conditional Formatting delete all three formats

Pasting a cell with formatting will copy it's formatting
which includes number formatting, borders, and conditional
formatting. Likewise can remove each of those formatting.

For you second problem of deactivating an addin, did you try
tools, addin and deactivate (uncheck) the addin. That way
you can bring it up again. To completely get rid of it delete
the actual addin from the directory shown there, then try to
activate the addin, it should go away when not found where
it is supposed to be.
---
HTH,