Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Distributing a number evenly over several set priority's.

1
A[100]

B[priority1] (30)

C[priority2] (25)

D[priority3] (40)

(100) is a balance. I want the balance to be distributed amongst the
priority's 1-3.
(A[100]) is a growing number that starts at [0].
"B[priority1] (30)" starts to add its percentage of (A[n]) as soon as "A"
reaches [1]; then "B" stops when its total "30" is met.
"C[priority2] (25)" does not start its percentage calculations until
"B[priority1] (30)" has been satified at (30). Then any addition to (A[n]) ie
"A[31]" is added to "C[priority2] (25)" and so on.

I would appreciate any help.

Rvaughnp
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

I think I solved a related problem he
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/budgeting.html

Maybe you can provide one or two explicite calculation examples (or
some more background information) so that we can help you better.

Regards,
Bernd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bernd, I appreciate your help. I only have basic knowledge in excel. Sum's,
if's, etc. I have not come across "dist_budget" yet, I will try this and see
if i can make it work. I am affraid of posting another example and misleading
my oridinal example.

Thanks,
Rvaughnp

"Bernd P" wrote:

Hello,

I think I solved a related problem he
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/budgeting.html

Maybe you can provide one or two explicite calculation examples (or
some more background information) so that we can help you better.

Regards,
Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just thought of an example.

(Priority 1-3) are champagne glasses stacked on top of each other. (P-3) is
on the bottom, (P-2) is in the middle and (P-1) is on top.
The champagne bottle is the "savings"; when the "savings" gets distributed
into the three savings accounts (Priority 1-3) it gets poured into (P-1)
first, then as (P-1) receives its budgeted amount, the savings continues to
proceeds to (P-2), and so on.
When the three prioritys are filled the remaining savings stay in the
original savings account.

rvaughnp
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1
A[100]

B[priority1] (30)

C[priority2] (25)

D[priority3] (40)

(100) is a balance. I want the balance to be distributed amongst the
priority's 1-3.
(A[100]) is a growing number that starts at [0].
"B[priority1] (30)" starts to add its percentage of (A[n]) as soon as
"A" reaches [1]; then "B" stops when its total "30" is met.
"C[priority2] (25)" does not start its percentage calculations until
"B[priority1] (30)" has been satified at (30). Then any addition to
(A[n]) ie "A[31]" is added to "C[priority2] (25)" and so on.

Maybe this would be useful.

The number 100 in A1 is typed in, I presume, and may be replaced by a
different number for different cases.

In B2, B3, etc., put the threshold values 30, 25, 40, etc.

In A2, put
=MIN($A$1,B2)

In A3, put
=MIN($A$1-SUM(A$2:A2),B3)

Select A3 and extend downward as far as needed (that is, point to the
little square dot at the lower-right of A3, hold down the left mouse
button, and drag the mouse downward).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks "MyVeryOwnSelf",
That worked for the majority of what i needed. I only needed to add a
function that subtracted the amounts put into each account (B2,3,4 etc) from
the main amount (A1) and gave me the remainder. So i put in
(=-SUM(A2:A4)+A1). It works for now. When i get more knowledge i will fix it.
But thanks again for your help.

rvaugnp