jnord

Default How do I check a formula?

Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
checked. Is there an add-on of some sort? I use Excel2000.
JulieD

checked for what?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"jnord" wrote in message
Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
checked. Is there an add-on of some sort? I use Excel2000.

Bernie Deitrick

jnord,

Post it here. You'll have dozens of reviewers.... And sign your post with a
name.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jnord" wrote in message
Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
checked. Is there an add-on of some sort? I use Excel2000.

Jay

The president of the company wants something to check his formulas with. I
think he wants to past it in somewhere and have it checked for accuracy. I
am not sure if there is such an animal as every formula serves its own
purpose. Is there any way to determine if the formula is giving the correct
answer?

"jnord" wrote in message
Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have it
checked. Is there an add-on of some sort? I use Excel2000.

Bob Phillips

Checked to ensure that it works exactly as he

--

HTH

RP

"JulieD" wrote in message
checked for what?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"jnord" wrote in message
Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have

it
checked. Is there an add-on of some sort? I use Excel2000.

Bob Phillips

Try again<g

Checked to ensure that it works exactly as he intended, irrespective of what
he actually puts in the formula, and takes care of any changes that he
hasn't thought of yet. I would have thought was obvious Julie <vbg

Bob

"JulieD" wrote in message
checked for what?

--
Cheers
JulieD
"jnord" wrote in message
Is there a program or a website where I can insert my formula and have

it
checked. Is there an add-on of some sort? I use Excel2000.

Dave Peterson

This won't work for printing, but xl2002 (IIRC), added:

Tools|Formula auditing|evaluate formula

You can step through the formula to see how each portion evaluates.

If you're not running xl2002+, you can select a portion of the formula in the
formula bar and hit F9 to evaluate it. (Hitting Escape will revert the formula
to its original form.)

And ctrl-z will revert the portion you just calculated.

And if you hit enter by mistake Edit|Undo (or ctrl-z) will get it back to where
it was.