Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Template Double Click behavior / action

On most of our computers when I double click on an excel template file, it
opens a new copy. However, on 2 computers (all computers are running vista
business) when you double click on the same exact network template file, it
opens it. Any ideas how to change this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

These are really .xlt (or .xltx or .xltm) files, right?

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

Then test it out.

If that doesn't work...

Close excel
start windows explorer
tools|folder options|file types tab
scroll down to the xlt (and xltx and xltm--do it 3 times!) extension
click the advanced button
click on the New item in the Actions box
click set as default
(ok your way out)

If the default action was set to Open (bolded indicates default), then that
could have been the problem.

--

Dave Peterson