Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Matching names and combining worksheets

I have one worksheet that contains Last Name, First Name of an entire
organization.

I have another worksheet in the same file contains Last Name, First Name of
a specific group within that organization. This worksheet also contains 2
other columns of information of that group (courses completed, courses
attempted).

I am trying to combine these worksheets so that the Last Name, First Name of
the entire organization is shown and for those names that have a match with
the 2nd worksheet, the courses completed and courses attempted data is shown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Irma,
if I didn't misunderstand as follow is what you need
if you have the last name and First name in different columns like A and B
in column C you can enter

=A1&","&B1

you have to do this in both sheets

I assume that the course information is in sheet 2 column D so in sheet 1
column D enter the formula as follow

=Vlookup(a1,sheet2!$A$1:$D$1000,4,false)

the above will bring the information related to the course

If you have your Last and first name in one column just enter the last formula
Hope this help

"Irma A" wrote:

I have one worksheet that contains Last Name, First Name of an entire
organization.

I have another worksheet in the same file contains Last Name, First Name of
a specific group within that organization. This worksheet also contains 2
other columns of information of that group (courses completed, courses
attempted).

I am trying to combine these worksheets so that the Last Name, First Name of
the entire organization is shown and for those names that have a match with
the 2nd worksheet, the courses completed and courses attempted data is shown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the help, Eduardo.
I still can't manage to get the view I am looking for.

Worksheet 1 has 2 columns: Last Name, First Name (a) and Team (b)
Worksheet 2 has 4 columns: Last Name, First Name (a), Round (b), # Courses
Completed (c) and # Courses in Progress (d).

Worksheet 1 contains the names of ~1200 people; worksheet 2 is a list of 250
people (a subset of the 1200, but only those that were eligible to enroll in
courses.)

I would like to combine the reports to be a list of all employees (1200) and
their Team name from Worksheet 1 and of those that match to my 2nd worksheet,
the Round, # Courses Completed and # Courses in Progress.

Thanks again for the help.

"Irma A" wrote:

I have one worksheet that contains Last Name, First Name of an entire
organization.

I have another worksheet in the same file contains Last Name, First Name of
a specific group within that organization. This worksheet also contains 2
other columns of information of that group (courses completed, courses
attempted).

I am trying to combine these worksheets so that the Last Name, First Name of
the entire organization is shown and for those names that have a match with
the 2nd worksheet, the courses completed and courses attempted data is shown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Irma
So add to worksheet1 3 columns for Round (column c), # of courses completed
(column D) and Courses in Progress (column E)
then enter the formulas as follow assuming that your list start in row 2
Column C
=vlookup(a2,sheet2!$a$2:$d$1500,2,false)

ColumnD

=vlookup(a2,sheet2!$a$2:$d$1500,3,false)
Column E
=vlookup(a2,sheet2!$a$2:$d$1500,4,false)

"Irma A" wrote:

I have one worksheet that contains Last Name, First Name of an entire
organization.

I have another worksheet in the same file contains Last Name, First Name of
a specific group within that organization. This worksheet also contains 2
other columns of information of that group (courses completed, courses
attempted).

I am trying to combine these worksheets so that the Last Name, First Name of
the entire organization is shown and for those names that have a match with
the 2nd worksheet, the courses completed and courses attempted data is shown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eduardo...you're my hero!
That was it.
Thanks so very much.

"Irma A" wrote:

I have one worksheet that contains Last Name, First Name of an entire
organization.

I have another worksheet in the same file contains Last Name, First Name of
a specific group within that organization. This worksheet also contains 2
other columns of information of that group (courses completed, courses
attempted).

I am trying to combine these worksheets so that the Last Name, First Name of
the entire organization is shown and for those names that have a match with
the 2nd worksheet, the courses completed and courses attempted data is shown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your welcome

"Irma A" wrote:

Eduardo...you're my hero!