-   -   AutoFilter list of values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22638-autofilter-list-values.html)

R.J.H.

AutoFilter list of values

When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within
the column. How could I get this list of unique values?

[email protected]

Hi RJH,

As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter.
Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only
box.

Cheers,
JF.

Max

Another way to extract the list of unique values

Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down

Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1,"",ROW())

Put in B1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A ,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1
:A1)),C:C,0)))

Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last row of data in col A
Col B will return the list of unique values in col A
--
Rgds
Max