Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting Problem

Hi All,

Would appreciate any help with this one.

I have a table of date with a column range named Branch which contains
either London, New York, Paris or Milan.
I have another column range named ANIU which contains either a blank or an
"X" which refers to accounts which are no longer in use.

I want a formula to count the number of accounts in both London and New York
but I want to exclude accounts that are no longer in use in London or New
York.

So far I have got:

=COUNTIF(Branch,"=London")+COUNTIF(Branch,"=New York")-countif(ANIU,"=X")

But this obvously will substract accounts not in use from the Paris and
Milan branches. Can anyone help please,

Cheers,

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

=SumProduct((branch={"London"."New york"})*(aniu<"x"))

or

=SumProduct(((branch="London")+(branch="New York"))*(aniu<"x"))

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/

On 1 avr, 17:25, "Andrew Mackenzie" wrote:
Hi All,

Would appreciate any help with this one.

I have a table of date with a column range named Branch which contains
either London, New York, Paris or Milan.
I have another column range named ANIU which contains either a blank or an
"X" which refers to accounts which are no longer in use.

I want a formula to count the number of accounts in both London and New York
but I want to exclude accounts that are no longer in use in London or New
York.

So far I have got:

=COUNTIF(Branch,"=London")+COUNTIF(Branch,"=New York")-countif(ANIU,"=X")

But this obvously will substract accounts not in use from the Paris and
Milan branches. *Can anyone help please,

Cheers,

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(Branch,{"London","New
York"},0)),--(ANIU<"X"))

Hope this helps!

http://www.xl-central.com