Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Edit and Replace with wildcards

I have several formulas that I would like to do an edit and replace on. I
would like to be able to use a wildcard for part of the formula but I'm not
sure how to do it. Here is an example of what I need to change:

Change 02 Feb\[OAKL 0209.xls] to 03 Mar\[OAKL 0309.xls]
Change 02 Feb\[CEDA 0209.xls] to 03 Mar\[CEDA 0309.xls]

I have several other similar formulas that are within the same spreadsheet.
I would like to be able to do some kind of wildcard on the four characters
before the "0209.xls" so that I could do an edit and replace on all of them
at the same time. I tried inserting astrisks
02 Feb\[**** 0209.xls] and change it to 03 Mar\[**** 0309.xls]

but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

AJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try using Question Marks instead of asterixes.

02 Feb\[???? 0209.xls]

* and ? are both wildcards. The * is used to indicate a string of varying
length. The ? is used to indicate a single character.

HTH
Elkar