Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum formula

A B C
123 Books 600
123 Supplies 300
123 Misc 200
456 Books 600
456 Fees 800
456 Supplies 300
456 Room 1000

how can I set up a formula so that for like values in column A it would
total column C values that correspond to A...ex. column A value of 123 would
total column C values of 600, 300, 200

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A7=123)*(C1:C7))
or
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A7=D1)*(C1:C7))
D1 is the cell you input the condition, eg 123 in the example

another way is to use SUM with an array, confirm by Ctrl, Shift and Enter
a pair of curly bracket {...} wrap around the formula

=SUM((A1:A7=D1)*(C1:C7))
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another