Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Assigning a number to a name

Excel 2007 - I have multiple account numbers and each one belongs to one
person. I want to know if it's possible to do a setup so that I can type in
a name and when I hit enter, the number I assigned to that name shows up
instead of the name?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If yo want to type the name in one cell and have the number appear in the
next cell, then put the name in A1 and put this formula in B1,
=VLOOKUP(a1,D1:E10,2,false) and in D1:D10 put the names and in E1:E10 put
their numbers.

If you want it to all occur in one cell, it would take a change-event macro

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3