Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Any button to insert blank rows at specific interval?

Hi

I understand that the user could delete blank rows in a worksheet at one go
by going to F5 Special Select blank rows and press delete to remove it.

In the reverse, if I wish to insert empty rows at specific interval of 3 or
4 rows to a block of compact data (without any empty rows in beween), may I
know if there is any key board steps for this ?

At prersent I only can do it by assigning repeated even or odd number to the
block of cell and then do a sorting after replacing the missing even or odd
numbers.

Illustration
xxx xxx
xxx xxx

xxx xxx
xxx xxx

xxx xxx
xxx xxx

Thanks

Low

A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
to add a row or group of rows....
high light the row or group of rows. on the keyboard, press Ctrl + Plus keys.
a row will be added below the cell pointer.
to delete(remove) a row or group of rows....
high light any row or group of rows. on the keyboard, press Ctrl + minus keys.

pressing the Ctrl + Plus key without high lighting the row, adds a cell
pressing the Ctrl + minus key without high lighting the row, removes a cell

regards
FSt1

"Mr. Low" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Any button to insert blank rows at specific interv

The closes to a keyboard/mouse solution I can think of is as follows;

Select every third or fourth row...
Right-click and choose Insert... it will insert a row before each selected
row...

If you select rows in groups of two you will get new rows in groups of twos...

Otherwise you need to have a marcro and assign a short-cut to it.