Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Setting up a form

I have a spreadsheet w/2 worksheets. The one worksheet is a check off list
which contains qty (column A), all part numbers (column B), description
(column C), & Cost (column D), this is used so they enter the qty of which
parts are needed for a job. I would like to somehow link the second
worksheet to automatically show only the parts chosen including the qty, part
#, & cost. Is there a way to do this?
I was looking at combo boxes but didnt have luck with that. Please help!!!!!!

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use the second sheet to do this, yes. Ideally, use one column for
part numbers, and another for quantities. The part nubers can be selected
using a combo box. The part descriptions and prices can be obtained using
VLOOKUP formulae.

Column A then = Qty
Column B = Part numbers - Data Validation
Column C = Description - use =IF(B1="","",VLOOKUP(B1,PartsList,2,0)) This
assumes that in your parts list, the description is right next to the part
number. You would obviously change the row number (B1) to suit your needs.
Column D = Cost - use =IF(B1="","",VLOOKUP(B1,PartsList,3,0)) Same proviso's.