Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ROUNDING UP TO NEAREST 9

I would like to multiply a number by 3.5 and then have it rounded up to the
nearest 9. example a product cost 32.45 to get the comparitive price 32.45
times 3.5 =113.58 and then I would like it to round this number to 119.00,
Is ther a formula for that? I have used the =FLOOR(A1*B1,9) BUT IT TAKES ME
TO THE NEXT MULTIPULE OF 9. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:
=CEILING(A1*3.5,10)-1

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron Coderre
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"JUDY" wrote in message
I would like to multiply a number by 3.5 and then have it rounded up to
the
nearest 9. example a product cost 32.45 to get the comparitive price
32.45
times 3.5 =113.58 and then I would like it to round this number to
119.00,
Is ther a formula for that? I have used the =FLOOR(A1*B1,9) BUT IT TAKES
ME
TO THE NEXT MULTIPULE OF 9. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Judy,

Try this

=CEILING(A1+1,10)-1

or all in one cell

=CEILING(32.45*3.5+1,10)-1

Mike

"JUDY" wrote:

I would like to multiply a number by 3.5 and then have it rounded up to the
nearest 9. example a product cost 32.45 to get the comparitive price 32.45
times 3.5 =113.58 and then I would like it to round this number to 119.00,
Is ther a formula for that? I have used the =FLOOR(A1*B1,9) BUT IT TAKES ME
TO THE NEXT MULTIPULE OF 9. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:
=CEILING(A1*B1,10)-1

Regards,
Stefi

€žJUDY€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I would like to multiply a number by 3.5 and then have it rounded up to the
nearest 9. example a product cost 32.45 to get the comparitive price 32.45
times 3.5 =113.58 and then I would like it to round this number to 119.00,
Is ther a formula for that? I have used the =FLOOR(A1*B1,9) BUT IT TAKES ME
TO THE NEXT MULTIPULE OF 9. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JUDY;282672 Wrote:
I would like to multiply a number by 3.5 and then have it rounded up to
the
nearest 9. example a product cost 32.45 to get the comparitive price
32.45
times 3.5 =113.58 and then I would like it to round this number to
119.00,
Is ther a formula for that? I have used the =FLOOR(A1*B1,9) BUT IT
TAKES ME
TO THE NEXT MULTIPULE OF 9. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Hi,
does this help ? =INT(a1*b1/10)*10+9

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=78958

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Seeing other responses, I realize I didn't allow for decimals.
So...as others have suggested:
=CEILING(A1*3.5+1,10)-1

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Try this: