Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Headers

How do I add a header in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chad,
For XL up to 2003:
File menu
Page Setup
Header/Footer tab

Regards - Dave.

"Chad Williams" wrote:

How do I add a header in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave, thanks... I knew about that. Maybe I'm confused. I didn't want to do
it that way. I thought I could merge cells in, say, rows 1-3 and then assign
those rows as my header rows (the way you do in tables in Word). Can it be
done this way in Excel?

"Dave" wrote:

Hi Chad,
For XL up to 2003:
File menu
Page Setup
Header/Footer tab

Regards - Dave.

How do I add a header in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chad,
Not sure about the Word thing - not so familiar with that.
If you want to repeat certain rows at the top of every page, then:
File menu
Page Setup
Sheet tab
Fill in refs for "Rows to repeat at top:"
and / or "Columns to repeat at left:"
Is that any closer to what you need?

Regards - Dave.

"Chad Williams" wrote:

Dave, thanks... I knew about that. Maybe I'm confused. I didn't want to do
it that way. I thought I could merge cells in, say, rows 1-3 and then assign
those rows as my header rows (the way you do in tables in Word). Can it be
done this way in Excel?

"Dave" wrote:

Hi Chad,
For XL up to 2003:
File menu
Page Setup
Header/Footer tab

Regards - Dave.

How do I add a header in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, that's it. Thanks, Dave!

"Chad Williams" wrote:

Dave, thanks... I knew about that. Maybe I'm confused. I didn't want to do
it that way. I thought I could merge cells in, say, rows 1-3 and then assign
those rows as my header rows (the way you do in tables in Word). Can it be
done this way in Excel?

"Dave" wrote:

Hi Chad,
For XL up to 2003:
File menu
Page Setup
Header/Footer tab

Regards - Dave.

"Chad Williams" wrote:

How do I add a header in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome

"Chad Williams" wrote:

Yes, that's it. Thanks, Dave!

"Chad Williams" wrote:

Dave, thanks... I knew about that. Maybe I'm confused. I didn't want to do
it that way. I thought I could merge cells in, say, rows 1-3 and then assign
those rows as my header rows (the way you do in tables in Word). Can it be
done this way in Excel?

"Dave" wrote:

Hi Chad,
For XL up to 2003: