Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Row Height Adjustments

I have a "timecard" sheet set up with a column of numbers that when a number
is typed in, it does a Lookup and fills in a wide column with a name. Then a
bunch of smaller columns, one for each day. To the right of that, there is a
pivot table summary which updates everytime the timecard is opened,
summarizes the numbers typed in, with the total numbers of hours put on that
particular row number, no matter what day it was input.

I have manually set each timecard up for all employees at a height of 18".
Most of the timecards, when opened, shrink the lines to 12.75, which is too
small. However, there are a few timecards that keep the 18" spacing. I have
tried everything to make the rows stay at 18" and cannot get it to work on
some of the cards.

The only way I know to supposedly make it work is to make the rows all 18".
Then right-click on the pivot table and select "Pivot Table Options", put a
check mark in "Preserve cell formatting on update", save and then close the
worksheet. However, even though I do this, it still shrinks the rows.

Is there a solution please?

Thanks, JL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try unchecking the "AutoFormat Table" option.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jasontferrell" wrote:

Try unchecking the "AutoFormat Table" option.

Thank you for your swift reply Jason. Please understand I have not been
using 2007 long. I looked through all the "Customize Options", every menu
(Home, Insert, etc.) on the bar, and even went to Help, but I could not find
where to find "Autoformat Table", much less get to the option. The only auto
anything I could find was for autoformat as you type.

Maybe a clue? Thanks, JL