TCampb2

Default find and replace

I am trying to do a find and replace on formulas that are linked to a
specific tab and then replace the name of one tab with another, and it can't
seem to recognize the name. The tabs have date name with a yyyymm format so
I need to change '200110 to 200112' to '200201 to 200203' I can't seem to
figure out why the simple replace doesn't work. Any thoughts or
suggestions???

Thanks,
Tiffany
CLR

Maybe in one place your "numbers" are "numbers" and in the other they are
actually "text" that just looks like numbers..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TCampb2" wrote in message
I am trying to do a find and replace on formulas that are linked to a
specific tab and then replace the name of one tab with another, and it

can't
seem to recognize the name. The tabs have date name with a yyyymm format

so
I need to change '200110 to 200112' to '200201 to 200203' I can't seem

figure out why the simple replace doesn't work. Any thoughts or
suggestions???

Thanks,
Tiffany

Gord Dibben

Tiffany

What happens when you try?

Nothing? Error message? Excel can't find anything to replace?

May be possible you have an extra space or two in the sheet tab names.

Using your example I had no problem with the replace or the returning new
values based on the changed names.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP