Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Selection

What I have is a list of 1500 name and address labels. The "names" are in
cells A1, A9, A17, A25 and so on, all are 8 rows apart. The "addresses" are
in cells A2, A10, A18, A26, all 8 rows apart. the city, state and zips are
in cells A3, A11, A19, A27 and so on all 8 rows apart also. I need the names
in one column, addresses in the next column and the city state and zip in the
next. I have done this before but I can't remember how.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B1 enter:
=INDIRECT("A" & ROW()*8-9+COLUMN())
Copy B1 to C1 thru I1
Then copy B1 thru 1 downward
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"jdpf" wrote:

What I have is a list of 1500 name and address labels. The "names" are in
cells A1, A9, A17, A25 and so on, all are 8 rows apart. The "addresses" are
in cells A2, A10, A18, A26, all 8 rows apart. the city, state and zips are
in cells A3, A11, A19, A27 and so on all 8 rows apart also. I need the names
in one column, addresses in the next column and the city state and zip in the
next. I have done this before but I can't remember how.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a million. Worked lide a charm!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In B1 enter: