Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default what is the keyboard shortcut key for merge and center cell in ex.

Please send me the keyboard shortcut key for merge and center cell in excel
2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
there is no keyboard shortcut for what you want.
you can record a macro which does what you want and assign it a key.
see this site for a downloadable workbook which shows all standard keyboard
shortcuts for 2003 and earlier. some of them changed in 2007.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm

regards
FSt1

"Neel Kamal" wrote:

Please send me the keyboard shortcut key for merge and center cell in excel
2003.

Junior Member

Here are two easy options that I am a fan of:
(for Excel 2003... I don't know if these work on Excel ≥2007)

Quickest and easiest is just to perform the command normally one time, and after that just press F4 to 'repeat action'.

Another option is:
1. Right-click the 'merge and center' toolbar icon at the top of the screen, select 'Customize'
2. Right-click the 'merge and center' toolbar icon again and select 'Image and Text'
3. Close the Customize window

Now Alt+m should work as a key command every time (note the underlined 'M' in the merge and center button). I can't believe this only works with the text displayed on the button (especially since Alt+m does nothing anyway!). It's a bit annoying if you're like most people and only have the icons displayed on the rest of the toolbar—of course, you could revert back to the 'default style' (icon only) when finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Kamal View Post
keyboard shortcut key for merge and center cell in excel 2003.