-   -   Lookup question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225205-lookup-question.html)

Steve

Lookup question

I want to be able to take the value of A2, and lookup in a range of cells on
another sheet, and if it finds the value of a2 in that range, then display
"open". If it doesn't find the value of A2 in the range, I want it to
display "closed". Is it possible to make this happen?

Jarek Kujawa[_3_]

Lookup question

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2;lookup_range,)),"open","clos ed")

Użytkownik "Steve" napisał w wiadomości
I want to be able to take the value of A2, and lookup in a range of cells
on
another sheet, and if it finds the value of a2 in that range, then display
"open". If it doesn't find the value of A2 in the range, I want it to
display "closed". Is it possible to make this happen?

Jarek Kujawa[_3_]

Lookup question

oops, sorry, replace ampersand with comma

here comes the correct one:

Użytkownik "Jarek Kujawa" napisał w wiadomości
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2;lookup_range,)),"open","clos ed")

Użytkownik "Steve" napisał w wiadomości
I want to be able to take the value of A2, and lookup in a range of cells
on
another sheet, and if it finds the value of a2 in that range, then
display
"open". If it doesn't find the value of A2 in the range, I want it to
display "closed". Is it possible to make this happen?

T. Valko

Lookup question

Try something like this:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A1:A100,A2),"Open","Closed")

Where Sheet2!A1:A100 is the range to check.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
I want to be able to take the value of A2, and lookup in a range of cells
on
another sheet, and if it finds the value of a2 in that range, then display
"open". If it doesn't find the value of A2 in the range, I want it to
display "closed". Is it possible to make this happen?

Gord Dibben

Lookup question

Jarek

Typo maybe?

That is a semi-colon(;).....not an ampersand(&)

Gord

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:34:59 +0100, "Jarek Kujawa" wrote:

oops, sorry, replace ampersand with comma

here comes the correct one:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,lookup_range,)),"open","clo sed")

. ..