Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default locked rows on top and bottom

I am using Excel 2003.
I would like to have 2 rows at the top of my excel sheet frozen and 7 at the
bottom. In between I would like to have 40 rows, but only 10 shown at a time
(so there would be a scroll bar for just those rows). Is this possible?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can freeze rows on top and lock any cells; but freezing bottom rows is
not possible.

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

"TPearls" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003.
I would like to have 2 rows at the top of my excel sheet frozen and 7 at the
bottom. In between I would like to have 40 rows, but only 10 shown at a time
(so there would be a scroll bar for just those rows). Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could do it with two horizontal windows.

Size them to display what you want.

Top window has rows 1 and 2 frozen and rows 3 to 12 visible.

Bottom window shows whatever rows you want.

WindowNew Window

WindowArrangeHorizontal

Play with the resultant two windows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"TPearls" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003.
I would like to have 2 rows at the top of my excel sheet frozen and 7 at the
bottom. In between I would like to have 40 rows, but only 10 shown at a time
(so there would be a scroll bar for just those rows). Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
You can limit the scrolling range on your sheet
Right click on the Sheet tab
Select View Code
Select View Project Explorer
Press F4 if Properties Window isn't visible
Select the worksheet you to limit the scrolling
and look for ScrollArea Property
enter your range on the right, eg $A$1:$M$40
Alt + Q

You will be unable to scroll outside the range you have specified
but pls note that Excel will not save this setting after closing it

If you want this scrolling to be always limit to the range,
right click on the Sheet tab on which the scroll area to be limited
Select View Code
enter the following code :

Private Sub worksheet_activate()
Me.ScrollArea = "A1:M40"

Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked
Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to help another

Thank You

cheers, francis

"TPearls" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003.
I would like to have 2 rows at the top of my excel sheet frozen and 7 at the
bottom. In between I would like to have 40 rows, but only 10 shown at a time
(so there would be a scroll bar for just those rows). Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is almost exactly what I wanted. I used Windowsplit, and used your
method so that I can only scroll in those 40 rows in the first area.
However, I cannot seem to freeze the top two rows (even if I change it to
scroll the top 42 rows), so I lose the top 2 rows. Is there a way around
that?

"TPearls" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003.
I would like to have 2 rows at the top of my excel sheet frozen and 7 at the
bottom. In between I would like to have 40 rows, but only 10 shown at a time
(so there would be a scroll bar for just those rows). Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If you want to freeze the top 2 row, go to row 3 and then Window Freeze
Panes
However, you need to remove Split.
Excel doesn't allow Split and freeze working together. Since you are able to
limit
the scrolling range, you may want to consider removing the Split.

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another