Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 1 worksheet to display data from many

Ok, heres the scenario.

I have an excel workbook that is basically a risk & issue log.
I have 4 work sheets in the work book - all are identical except that they
display data blonging to different projects.

What I want to do is have a "front" worksheet that will just display the
"open" items from each of the 4 workbooks.

Any ideas if I need a function, or perhaps a macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

A function such as CountIf would only tell you how many are open without the
details.

The way to go is to use a macro. One solution would be to use a For-next
loop to select
worksheet 2-5 in turn; use Excel Autofilter to select rows in the worksheet
table; copy these
rows onto the front sheet making sure they are copied below any existing
data; then tidying up
the new table on the front sheet. You will need to tweak the code for
header rows as these will
be copied across from each sheet. Also you will need to insert a piece of
code at the beginning
just to check if any old data is there on the front sheet and clear it out
if so.

Regards

Paul