Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Conditional Format by formula containing cell defined name

I am trying to use conditional format to colour a cell based on a cell on a
different worksheet. I have been able to get it to work but the problem now
is that I need to extend the formatting to the remaining 699 cells based on
699 other defined cells. When I copy the formatting, the formula still
refers to my original defined cell (ie. =not(cost2600) where "cost2" is
'sheet1'd2).

Is there a way to automatically change the reference in the formula to
cost3, cost4, etc when I copy it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After creating the names as suggested by .... in your other post, use the
following in conditional formatting formula
=INDIRECT("Cost"&ROW())<600
in row 2 and paste the format down

"Carr" wrote:

I am trying to use conditional format to colour a cell based on a cell on a
different worksheet. I have been able to get it to work but the problem now
is that I need to extend the formatting to the remaining 699 cells based on
699 other defined cells. When I copy the formatting, the formula still
refers to my original defined cell (ie. =not(cost2600) where "cost2" is
'sheet1'd2).

Is there a way to automatically change the reference in the formula to
cost3, cost4, etc when I copy it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Conditional Format by formula containing cell defined nam

Awesome, it worked perfectly.

Many, many thanks
Chris