Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Restricting cell selection

I have done this before but forgotten how .

I want to restrict the range of cells which a user can move to within a
worksheet.

i.e. only allow the cells in range a2:f10 to be selected and ignore all
others on the sheet

Can someone remind how this is done please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. unlock A2 thru F10
2. protect the worksheet allowing users to only select unlocked cells
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200839

"Jemwig" wrote:

I have done this before but forgotten how .

I want to restrict the range of cells which a user can move to within a
worksheet.

i.e. only allow the cells in range a2:f10 to be selected and ignore all
others on the sheet

Can someone remind how this is done please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That protects the cell from being edited.

I want to stop the cell from being selected!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you only allow the cells in range a2:f10 to be selected within the sheet,
then Gary's have provided you the solution.

if you want the users to be able to select all cells except the cells from
a2:f10
in the sheet, then
select the whole sheet, Format Cells Protection and uncheck locked OK
select a2:f10, right click Format Cells Protection click Locked
OK
apply protection.
This will allow user to go to any cells except a2:f10

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis