Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem saving a file

Using Excel 2003, I issue the following command from a macro
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename = vNaam

Active drive = G: which is a USB Drive
vNaam contains a legitimate name, such as March or April
Excel saves the file as FALSE.xls
If I save the file to the same drive using the same name, it saves without
problems, using the correct name.
The name is not that of an existing file.
What is wrong here?

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

change Filename = vNaam to
Filename:= VNaam

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Kassie" wrote:

Using Excel 2003, I issue the following command from a macro
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename = vNaam

Active drive = G: which is a USB Drive
vNaam contains a legitimate name, such as March or April
Excel saves the file as FALSE.xls
If I save the file to the same drive using the same name, it saves without
problems, using the correct name.
The name is not that of an existing file.
What is wrong here?

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How stupid can you get hey! I have been struggling with this all afternoon,
and could just not see my own mistake! I thank you my friend!
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail