Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding numbers

I am trying to type in a 16 digit number. There is several zeros in the
number and I think that has something to do with my problem. When I type the
number it is fine, but when I tab over to the next column the number rounds
its self off. How can I get it to stop rounding and leave the number as I put
it in.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Either pre-format the column as Text before entering your numbers
or
enter a single quote in front of the number '0001234567891234

The single quote forces it to be Text and will not show in the cell, only in
the formula bar.
--
Regards
Roger Govier