Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KG KG is offline

Default using named ranges in calculations

In one worksheet I have a 5-cell named range, running across the row -- lets
call it TEST with the definition of $B$1:$F$1. Now I go to a second worksheet
with 5 columns (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) with a constant factor of 2,800
in cell A1.

Under Year 2009 I want to multiply the constant factor with the value in B1
of the named range, 2010 with the value in C1 of the named range, and so on.
How can I do that using the named range instead of entering manually the
formula for each year?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try
=$A$1*INDEX(Test,1,COLUMN(A1))

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"KG" wrote in message
In one worksheet I have a 5-cell named range, running across the row --
lets
call it TEST with the definition of $B$1:$F$1. Now I go to a second
worksheet
with 5 columns (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) with a constant factor of
2,800
in cell A1.

Under Year 2009 I want to multiply the constant factor with the value in
B1
of the named range, 2010 with the value in C1 of the named range, and so
on.
How can I do that using the named range instead of entering manually the
formula for each year?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KG KG is offline

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Try
=$A$1*INDEX(Test,1,COLUMN(A1))