Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chi Chi is offline

Default SUMIF

Hi
I have a excel file that has SUMIF formulas (SUMIF(J14:J20,"Annette",
J14:J20). It works well on 2003. However, the SUMIF formulars stop working
when I open the file with 2007.

Please help
Thank you
Chi Huynh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula you have shown should not work even in Excel 2003...
It is looking for cells having Annette in J14:J20 and adding J14:J20
itself... which makes no sense since adding names does not mean anything..

Try
=SUMIF(J14:J20,"Annette", K14:K20)
after putting in numbers in K14:K20... it will add up numbers for rows
having Annette...

"Chi" wrote:

Hi
I have a excel file that has SUMIF formulas (SUMIF(J14:J20,"Annette",
J14:J20). It works well on 2003. However, the SUMIF formulars stop working
when I open the file with 2007.

Please help
Thank you
Chi Huynh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chi Chi is offline

Hi Sheeloo,
Thank you so much for the information. It woks!!!. However, after changing
the numbers in K14: K 20, the formulas didnt recalculate.

In order to see the new results, I have to close the Excel completely and
open it again. Would you please show me to fix the problem - to make the
formulas recalculate without closing Excel.

Thanks
Chi Huynh

Chi Huynh

"Chi" wrote:

Hi
I have a excel file that has SUMIF formulas (SUMIF(J14:J20,"Annette",
J14:J20). It works well on 2003. However, the SUMIF formulars stop working
when I open the file with 2007.

Please help
Thank you
Chi Huynh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can press F9 to force Excel to recalculate...

Excel has a range of options allowing you to control the way it calculates.
You can change these options using the Tools --Options--Calculation tab.