Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUP Shows formula not results.

Greetings,

I am having trouble with the VLOOKUP Function.

In Excel 2003 I have a workbook with two sheets, Report and Roster.

I want to lookup data in Roster and have it return data in Report.

=VLOOKUP(A5,Roster!A1:C1500,2,FALSE)

All I get back is the formula itself, as if I have typed it in as text. Any
ideas?

--

Who else but,
George Hogge

MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA
CCNA, CSP
Checkpoint CA
Citrix CA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cell as General - it sound like it is formatted text
Then double kick the cell to recommit the formula
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"George" wrote in message
Greetings,

I am having trouble with the VLOOKUP Function.

In Excel 2003 I have a workbook with two sheets, Report and Roster.

I want to lookup data in Roster and have it return data in Report.

=VLOOKUP(A5,Roster!A1:C1500,2,FALSE)

All I get back is the formula itself, as if I have typed it in as text.
Any
ideas?

--

Who else but,
George Hogge

MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA
CCNA, CSP
Checkpoint CA
Citrix CA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You were right. The formula is now returning data, but it is data from the
row directly above the data it should be pulling. Any ideas on that?

--

Who else but,
George Hogge

MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA