Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Day, Week or Month

Hi

We have a spreadsheet with 1100 rows of data with columns of date,
amount (either positive or negative), description and balance.

We would like to chart this but it is a lot of data so we may want to
chart over 2 months on a daily balance, over 6 months an end of week
balance or over a year on end of month balance.

How can we manipulate this data to get the end of week or end of month
balance? Daily we have used subtotal but how to do this for end of
week (say each Friday) and end of month?

Thanks in advance
Leanne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could use helper columns. If dates are in column A then create a
column for week No in column E with formula =WEEKNUM(A2,2) in it, another for
month in column F with formula =MONTH(A2) in it, and create subtotals by week
and month.

Regards,
Stefi

ezt *rta: