Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting the values from a logarithmic trendline

I would like to put the end logarithmic trendline value on my chart and am
struggling with the linest function my data set looks like this

01jan09 20
02jan09 60
03jan09 113
04jan09 125
05jan09 127
06jan09 129

and so on

I have applied a logarithmic trendine and as i said would like to display
the end value, my charts equation is y=43.972Ln(x + 41.641, im a little new
to this so if anybody can help i would appreciate it
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unclear what you mean by "the end"
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Garf" wrote in message
I would like to put the end logarithmic trendline value on my chart and am
struggling with the linest function my data set looks like this

01jan09 20
02jan09 60
03jan09 113
04jan09 125
05jan09 127
06jan09 129

and so on

I have applied a logarithmic trendine and as i said would like to display
the end value, my charts equation is y=43.972Ln(x + 41.641, im a little
new
to this so if anybody can help i would appreciate it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try

=INDEX(LINEST(B1:B6,LN(A1:A6)),1,1)

and

=INDEX(LINEST(B1:B6,LN(A1:A6)),1,2)

for the coefficients.

Dave

"Garf" wrote:

I would like to put the end logarithmic trendline value on my chart and am
struggling with the linest function my data set looks like this

01jan09 20
02jan09 60
03jan09 113
04jan09 125
05jan09 127
06jan09 129

and so on

I have applied a logarithmic trendine and as i said would like to display
the end value, my charts equation is y=43.972Ln(x + 41.641, im a little new
to this so if anybody can help i would appreciate it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bernard

by the end it was just to get what the value of sales forecasted by the
trendline at the end of the campaign at say week 6

Kind Regards

Garf

"Garf" wrote in message
I would like to put the end logarithmic trendline value on my chart and am
struggling with the linest function my data set looks like this

01jan09 20
02jan09 60
03jan09 113
04jan09 125
05jan09 127
06jan09 129

and so on

I have applied a logarithmic trendine and as i said would like to display
the end value, my charts equation is y=43.972Ln(x + 41.641, im a little
new
to this so if anybody can help i would appreciate it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave will give it a go

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

Hi,