Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can I compile an Excel program

I have a 7 page program done in Excel 2007
It works fine but others in the community do not have Excel.
Can it be compiled and distributed as an .exe ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

They need a reader. Which is what the downloadable Trial version becomes
when the trial time expires.

Duplatt wrote:

I have a 7 page program done in Excel 2007
It works fine but others in the community do not have Excel.
Can it be compiled and distributed as an .exe ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not to my knowlege. you would have to transfer your code to vb 6.0 or .net
and compile there but if your code makes references to spreadsheets(rows,
columns, or lanquage unique to xl), you might have problems.
and if you have code to run, having a reader whould not do the other users
much good since you can't run code in a reader.

regards
FSt1

"Duplatt" wrote:

I have a 7 page program done in Excel 2007
It works fine but others in the community do not have Excel.
Can it be compiled and distributed as an .exe ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Duplatt wrote:
I have a 7 page program done in Excel 2007
It works fine but others in the community do not have Excel.
Can it be compiled and distributed as an .exe ?

Either have the others get the free Excel viewer or save the worksheets
as seven PDF files and distribute these.

If the others have the free OpenOffice.org they may be able to open your
s/s with the scalc program in that suite.

Bill