Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default DIV % FORMULA

Hi, I am trying to get a formula to work as follows

=(h5/i5)-1 but I want to learn how to combine this with the iserror formula
to equal 0 if there is an error instead of DIV. Can anyone explain how to
combine with iserror?

Many thanks
Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=73433

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Paula

=IFERROR((H5/I5)-1,0)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Paula" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to get a formula to work as follows

=(h5/i5)-1 but I want to learn how to combine this with the iserror
formula
to equal 0 if there is an error instead of DIV. Can anyone explain how to
combine with iserror?

Many thanks
Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(ISERROR((H5/I5)-1),0,(H5/I5)-1)

but since the error occurs only when i5 is blank, this simpler formula will
also work
=IF(I5,(H5/I5)-1,0)
since any non-zero value for i5 will be taken as TRUE in the IF condition
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paula" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to get a formula to work as follows

=(h5/i5)-1 but I want to learn how to combine this with the iserror
formula
to equal 0 if there is an error instead of DIV. Can anyone explain how to
combine with iserror?

Many thanks
Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It should be noted that IFERROR is available only in Excel 2007
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Hi Paula

=IFERROR((H5/I5)-1,0)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Paula" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to get a formula to work as follows

=(h5/i5)-1 but I want to learn how to combine this with the iserror
formula
to equal 0 if there is an error instead of DIV. Can anyone explain how to
combine with iserror?

Many thanks
Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My apologies all.
Eyesight getting poorer or reading what I want to read!!!!
I thought Paula had asked about IFERROR, but on re-reading I see it was
ISERROR.

--
Regards
Roger Govier