Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and paste subtotals-complex data range error

I am trying to copy subtotals in a spreadsheet that has over 20,000 rows so
that I can sort amounts highest to lowest. I am getting the following error:

Microsoft Office Excel cannot create or use the data range reference because
it is too complex. Try one or more of the following:

-Use data that can be selected in on contiguous rectangle (am doing that)
-Use data from the same sheet (am doing that as well)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't say how you are copying the data. You also didn't
mention the xl version you are using. xl2007 marches to a
different drummer.
Try...
Grouping the data so only the subtotal rows show,
Selecting only the visible cells by using Edit | GoTo | Special (button)
Then Copy and Paste
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA