Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula error

The following formula returns a #Value! error message if the text "Update" is
not found. I tried using ISERROR and could not get it to work. I would like
to display a blank cell if th text is not found. Any ideas?

=IF(FIND("Update",C2)0,"x",)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this. Unless you have a reason for doing so use search instead of find
which is case sensitive

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Update",C2)),"x","")

Mike

Formula Error BB New Users to Excel 3 December 3rd 07 05:00 PM
Formula Error Marilyn Excel Worksheet Functions 8 September 22nd 06 02:44 AM
How do I replace "#N/A" error, to continue my formula w/o error? Ali Khan Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 20th 06 03:49 PM
#REF error in formula DanBal Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 12th 05 07:14 PM
Error in a formula imej-clavier Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 17th 04 04:07 PM