Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup

Hi,
Could anyone please help me with a vlookup formula.
ID Name Target
1002 Rodneyl 1000
1003 Samantha 1000
1004 Howell 900
1005 Barrett 1200
1006 Angel 800
1007 Ronn 1100

I need a vlookup formula which displays the names of those who has the
target between 900 and 1000

Thanks in Advance.
--
Karthi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

VLOOKUP gives the first match only... it will not give you multiple names...

Use Data-Auto Filter and specify the conditions you want...

--
--------
If this is what you wanted then press the ''''YES'''' button (if you see it)

"Karthik" wrote:

Hi,
Could anyone please help me with a vlookup formula.
ID Name Target
1002 Rodneyl 1000
1003 Samantha 1000
1004 Howell 900
1005 Barrett 1200
1006 Angel 800
1007 Ronn 1100

I need a vlookup formula which displays the names of those who has the
target between 900 and 1000

Thanks in Advance.
--
Karthi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

names in B2:B100
targets in C2:C100

would sth. like:

=IF(AND(C2=900,C2<=1000),OFFSET($B$1,MATCH(C1,$C$ 2:$C$30,)-1,),"")

help?

adjust yr ranges to suit

On 6 Mar, 07:08, Karthik wrote:
Hi,
Could anyone please help me with a vlookup formula.
ID * * *Name * *Target
1002 * *Rodneyl 1000
1003 * *Samantha * * * *1000
1004 * *Howell *900
1005 * *Barrett 1200
1006 * *Angel * 800
1007 * *Ronn * *1100

I need a vlookup formula which displays the names of those who has the
target between 900 and 1000

Thanks in Advance.
--
Karthi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Sheeloo..
I think my question was not clear...

SHEET 1 SHEET 2
A B C A B
1002 Rodneyl 1 1002
1003 Samantha 1 1003
1004 Howell 2 1004 Howell
1005 Barrett 3 1005 Barrett
1006 Angel 4 1006
1007 Ronn 5 1007

I want Column B in sheet2 to show only those names which has the values 2,3
or 4 in sheet 1 column C (that anything greater than 1 and less than 5 in
Sheet1 Col C)
--
Karthi