Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you copy a sheet times 50

I have 100 sheets that are all identical. They are numbered 1-50. I now
am in need of 100 sheets instead of just 50. Is there some quick way to mass
copy the sheet? What about the naming of it? Do i have to do then all one
by one or is there some tool i can't find that will copy the sheet and change
the name to like 51 then 52 then 53, etc etc...

Thanks a ton guys, you've helped me out more than you know!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This simple macro will do everything.

Sub CopySheets()
for i = 51 to 100
sheets(1).copy after:=sheets(sheets.count)
activesheet.name = i
Next i
End Sub

"tripflex" wrote:

I have 100 sheets that are all identical. They are numbered 1-50. I now
am in need of 100 sheets instead of just 50. Is there some quick way to mass
copy the sheet? What about the naming of it? Do i have to do then all one
by one or is there some tool i can't find that will copy the sheet and change
the name to like 51 then 52 then 53, etc etc...

Thanks a ton guys, you've helped me out more than you know!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With no validity checks:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iCtr As Long

With ActiveWorkbook
For iCtr = 1 To 50
Sheets(CStr(iCtr)).Copy after:=.Sheets(.Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = 50 + iCtr
Next iCtr
End With
End Sub