LisAmardhis

Default drop-down menus and nested references

I am trying to make a series of drop-down menus wherein the list used for the
second drop-down changes based on what is selected in the first drop-down.
Because there are more than seven options in the first menu, I can't just do
an =IF() function. Is there any way to force the calculation of a reference
within another formula? For example, if I have named lists A, B, and C and
the first drop-down menu in A1 contains the options A, B, and C, how do I get
the drop-down menu in A2 to read A1 as a list name instead of a text item?

If there is no way to do this, does anyone have alternate ideas (other than
the obvious making one giant list that is sorted but not actually separated)?

-Lisa Fox