Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return value of non-blank cell

I have two columns, let's call them F and G. If a certain cell in column G
is blank, I need to return the value of column F. Any ideas? I have a
spreadsheet that is 13,000 rows. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where do you want 'to return the value of column F'?

Enter this in H2
=IF(G2="",F2,"What do you want to do if G2 is not blank?")

You can copy it down...

"Teri" wrote:

I have two columns, let's call them F and G. If a certain cell in column G
is blank, I need to return the value of column F. Any ideas? I have a
spreadsheet that is 13,000 rows. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You didn't tell us where you wanted to return the value to or what you
wanted to do if it is blank.

Standard way:

=IF(G1="",F1,"")

But if the entries in G1 are numbers or blank, no 0's or text then a short
formula would be:

=IF(G1,"",F1)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire