-   -   How to combine three columns information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/223023-how-combine-three-columns-information.html)

frandk

How to combine three columns information

I have a simple customer data worksheet. Column A - Customer Name, B - City,
C-State. My boss wants Column A to have the customer Name, City, State. How
do I merge the information into one column with commas seperating the info?
I know I can cut and paste but there are about 600 names and I don't have all
day!
--
frandk

Gary''s Student

How to combine three columns information

In D1 enter:
=A1 & "," & B1 & "," & C1 and copy down

Then, if you wish, copy column D and paste/special/value back onto column A
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200836

"frandk" wrote:

I have a simple customer data worksheet. Column A - Customer Name, B - City,
C-State. My boss wants Column A to have the customer Name, City, State. How
do I merge the information into one column with commas seperating the info?
I know I can cut and paste but there are about 600 names and I don't have all
day!
--
frandk

Niek Otten

How to combine three columns information

In D1: =A1&","&B1&","&C1
Copy down as far as you need

Copy column D
Select column A
Paste Special, Values
Remove columns B, C and D

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"frandk" wrote in message
I have a simple customer data worksheet. Column A - Customer Name, B -
City,
C-State. My boss wants Column A to have the customer Name, City, State.
How
do I merge the information into one column with commas seperating the
info?
I know I can cut and paste but there are about 600 names and I don't have
all
day!
--
frandk

frandk

How to combine three columns information

It worked great. I noticed you don't end up with a space after the commas -
is that possible?
--
frandk

"Niek Otten" wrote:

In D1: =A1&","&B1&","&C1
Copy down as far as you need

Copy column D
Select column A
Paste Special, Values
Remove columns B, C and D

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"frandk" wrote in message
I have a simple customer data worksheet. Column A - Customer Name, B -
City,
C-State. My boss wants Column A to have the customer Name, City, State.
How
do I merge the information into one column with commas seperating the
info?
I know I can cut and paste but there are about 600 names and I don't have
all
day!
--
frandk

Gary''s Student

How to combine three columns information

=A1 & ", " & B1 & ", " & C1
to put a space after the comma.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200836

"frandk" wrote:

It worked great. I noticed you don't end up with a space after the commas -
is that possible?
--
frandk

"Niek Otten" wrote:

In D1: =A1&","&B1&","&C1
Copy down as far as you need

Copy column D
Select column A
Paste Special, Values
Remove columns B, C and D

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"frandk" wrote in message
I have a simple customer data worksheet. Column A - Customer Name, B -
City,
C-State. My boss wants Column A to have the customer Name, City, State.
How
do I merge the information into one column with commas seperating the
info?
I know I can cut and paste but there are about 600 names and I don't have
all
day!
--
frandk

frandk

How to combine three columns information

Thank you Thank you- Both of you.
--
frandk

"frandk" wrote:

It worked great. I noticed you don't end up with a space after the commas -
is that possible?
--
frandk

"Niek Otten" wrote: