Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PAF PAF is offline

Default Filling in blanks

I have a spreadsheet exported from a report file that has blank cells for
grouped data. There are 5 columns in the worksheet and 2 of these are group
fields. Is there a quick way that I can fill down to fill in the blanks for a
variable number of rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Select all the data
2. Press F5, Special, Blanks, OK
3. Type =
4. Press the Up Arrow key on the keyboard once
5. Press Ctrl+Enter

Convert to values if necessary.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"PAF" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet exported from a report file that has blank cells for
grouped data. There are 5 columns in the worksheet and 2 of these are group
fields. Is there a quick way that I can fill down to fill in the blanks for a
variable number of rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

F5SpecialBlanksOK

Type an = sign in active blank cell.

Point or arrow up to cell above.

Hit CTRL + Enter

Copy then paste special(in place)valuesOKesc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:12:01 -0800, PAF
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet exported from a report file that has blank cells for
grouped data. There are 5 columns in the worksheet and 2 of these are group
fields. Is there a quick way that I can fill down to fill in the blanks for a
variable number of rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
A quick without macro

1) Select the range
2) Press Ctrl+G
3) Click Special in the Go To box
4) Select Blanks option
5) Click Ok
6) In the formula bar, type =A2
7) Press Ctrl + Enter
8) Reselect the range and Edit Copy
9) Edit Paste Special Value OK
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis