Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Access to Excel Question

I have a query in Access that has all the data I need but it is strung out
over many cells when I click on the tool that sends it to be analysed in
Excel option under tools it goes right accross the page. The client wishes
to see it as they do today which is a spreadsheet of about 3 columns and 6
rows. Is there a way on the import I can tell excel to take this data and put
it in the 3rd row in the 2nd column and this data goes to 1st row in the 3rd
column etc.?

I have not used many of the Excel features yet so please keep it simple if
possible.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you go from an Access query to an Excel worksheet, there is simply a
button in Access that is under the "Tools" option at the top. If you click
on this, the first option is to 'Analysis using MicroSoft Excel'. If you
click on this, it simply puts all the output of the query into a spreadsheet.

Example:
Access query outputs Name, Employee ID, Shift and Email. When I take it to
Excel it is placed in 4 columns titled Name, Employee Id, Shift and Email.
But let's say I do not want the Name to go into A1 but rather G5, and
Employee ID to C4 etc. Can I do that and How can it be accomplished?

Thanks for your help!