Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing 08 workbook to 09

I have several wookbooks that get data from others. I went in to find &
replace 08 in the formulas to 09. First one went fine but second one stopped
half way thru the replace and gave me a box that said update values:
April'09.ar.xls and it is asking me for a file name. Not sure what file name
it was looking for, anything I put in is not accepted and it will not let me
cancel ot X out of the window. the April'09.ar.xls is not the file I was
finding & replacing in but a file that links to the one.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It's found a reference to a file called April'08.ar.xls and tried to replace
it but it can't find the new files. The reason the dialog box won't close is
because it has to prompt you for every single occurance that it find.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marjean" wrote:

I have several wookbooks that get data from others. I went in to find &
replace 08 in the formulas to 09. First one went fine but second one stopped
half way thru the replace and gave me a box that said update values:
April'09.ar.xls and it is asking me for a file name. Not sure what file name
it was looking for, anything I put in is not accepted and it will not let me
cancel ot X out of the window. the April'09.ar.xls is not the file I was
finding & replacing in but a file that links to the one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

links make the trouble in this case. Should help to open all files and start
to replace 08 with 09 in precedent files first. If needed, rename precedent
file and/or redirect links.