Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMPRODUCT

I am using excel 2003 and having issues with this formula. What I need is a
count of how many rows contain both condition one from column A and condition
two from column b. The formula I have right now is:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5000=C1),--(B1:B5000=C2)

C1 and C2 are my two conditions. Now sometimes I can easily just auto filter
the data and count it and then manually type it but sometimes it is too large
to do this. The reason I mention this is in one case once filtered there is
only 5 rows that match both conditions but the formula returns 518. So I am
wondering if this is the right formula to find what I am truly looking for
cause it sounds to me that I almost need a couple COUNTIF's with a & in the
middle but I can not get that to work either. Thanks for any help