Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Template Calendar

I am an event planner and am always in need of setting up a calendar of sorts
for preparation plans. Is there some template in Excel I could download that
does custom dates? I don't want a 2009 calendar... I want one with specific
dates of my choosing.

I've been using something I mocked up, but it doesn't look very
professional. It has 10 boxes containing multiple cells. Each box is labeled
"February 23 - 27" or "March 2 - 6" etc. A more professional version of that
would be ideal, but my version just isn't cutting it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

While I don't know of an Excel template that does what you're requesting, MS
Word has a Calendar Wizard template that lets you select the calendar design
of your choice and specify a starting/ending date range.

After doing File New, select templates on your computer and click the OTHER
tab in the TEMPLATES dialog box.

Hopefully this will fill the bill.
--
Kevin Backmann

"dleo" wrote:

I am an event planner and am always in need of setting up a calendar of sorts
for preparation plans. Is there some template in Excel I could download that
does custom dates? I don't want a 2009 calendar... I want one with specific
dates of my choosing.

I've been using something I mocked up, but it doesn't look very
professional. It has 10 boxes containing multiple cells. Each box is labeled
"February 23 - 27" or "March 2 - 6" etc. A more professional version of that
would be ideal, but my version just isn't cutting it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you Google "Excel Calendar Creator" you'll find a number of commercial
products that might be of some use, but I'm not sure about pricing and I've
never used any of them so I don't have a recommendation for you.

Good luck on your quest.
--
Kevin Backmann

"dleo" wrote:

I am an event planner and am always in need of setting up a calendar of sorts
for preparation plans. Is there some template in Excel I could download that
does custom dates? I don't want a 2009 calendar... I want one with specific
dates of my choosing.

I've been using something I mocked up, but it doesn't look very
professional. It has 10 boxes containing multiple cells. Each box is labeled
"February 23 - 27" or "March 2 - 6" etc. A more professional version of that
would be ideal, but my version just isn't cutting it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure if this will help. I schedule events and each Customer has
different hours, some weekly some monthly. The first sheet has dates
anything in () means a name range. Columns A - D are for Weekly Customers:
Column A (MON)=month Column B (Week) Week 1 through 52 "Weeks in Year" Column
C (From) first Mondays Date Column D (Through) Sundays Date. Columns E - F
are for Monthly Customers: Column E (MNO) Month Number 1 through 12, Column F
(FirstMonday) First Mondays date of the Month. Since the dates change every
year you only change the dates on the From and on the First Monday Cell,
Create a formula that updates the 52 Weeks and 12 Months. Sheet 2 is a
Monthly calendar with 12 Calendars. Row 1 has Jan through Dec, Row 2 has
number 1 through 12 with name range EX: 1 (Jan) 2 (Feb). Create a lookup EX:
Customers that Schedule Monthly Where the day should appear
B10=LOOKUP(Dec,MNO,FirstMonday) format to day, F10=+B10 the row benieth it
where the date appears +B10 formatted as date, F11= +B11. This may take you
at least two hours to setup the rest is easy. You can Download a 2008
Calendar and add a sheet with your own dates as your data.
--
Anna

"dleo" wrote:

Thanks Kevin