Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default IFERROR Inconsistent Formula because of Bloomberg Link?

Hi Guys, I am trying to use an IFERROR formula around a Bloomberg-linked cell
for live pricing, but I am getting an Inconsistent Formula tag and I still
get "#N/A Sec" error. I know the Bloomberg formula is fine, but I can't get
it to return "0" if the "#N/A Sec" error comes through. An example of my
formula is below:

=IFERROR(blp(LEFT($D192,LEN($D192)-3)&" HK EQUITY",$Y$1),0)

Is this an issue with bloomberg-linked formulae or am I being an idiot?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Presumably Excel is not seeing as an error. IFERROR will pick up Excel
errors, such as a REF errror, a VALUE error, divide by 0, etce returned by
an expression. If it returns some text, just becuase you visually see this
as an error it doesn't mean that Excel does.

You could try the old way

=IF(FIND("#N/A",blp(LEFT($D192,LEN($D192)-3)&" HK
EQUITY",$Y$1))0,0,blp(LEFT($D192,LEN($D192)-3)&" HK EQUITY",$Y$1))

--
HTH

Bob