Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compare spreadsheets & then extract data

I have an excel spreadsheet; the first column is name of a company with other
information of the company in the rest of the columns. The spreadsheet has
multiple entries for a particular company. How do I prompt the user for the
company name in the second spreadsheet so that I can provide the user only
the appropriate data from the first (larger) spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

what does your data look like in the sourse and what exactly do you want in
the target sheet.

You can give the user a Data, Validation drop down List for a prompt.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"G&GSolutions" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet; the first column is name of a company with other
information of the company in the rest of the columns. The spreadsheet has
multiple entries for a particular company. How do I prompt the user for the
company name in the second spreadsheet so that I can provide the user only
the appropriate data from the first (larger) spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Data loos like the following:

worksheet 1:
Company Name Year col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4
col 5
ABC 2005 3 2 0
ABC 2006 4 7 5
ABC 2007 1 4 2

XYZ 2006 9 2 3
XYZ 2007 4 6 4
PQR 2007 1 7 9

In worksheet2:
When the user opens the excel sheet. I want to prompt the user to enter the
name of the company. Once the company name is entered, I want it to pull the
data related to that company from worksheet 1. For example, if user enters
company name as XYZ then I want populate worksheet 2 with the following:

Company Name Year col 1 col 2 col 3 col col

XYZ 2006 9 2 3
XYZ 2007 4 6 4

How do I do this?

I really appriciate your help.