Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting a subtotal list by the subtotals

Is there some way that I can sort the totals of a list and leave the
underlying data there, or do I need to copy out the summarize data and then
sort that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

copy out the subtotals by highlighting them, then Edit/go to/Special/visible
cells only, then copy and paste

"Ken W" wrote:

Is there some way that I can sort the totals of a list and leave the
underlying data there, or do I need to copy out the summarize data and then
sort that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you creating your subtotals using Insert - Subtotals. If so then you
could create a pivot table instead. That would allow you to sort by the
subtotaled amounts.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson