Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple Criteria formula

Still looking for an answer to a problem

ITEM %VALUE TRIP TRIP TOTAL
Feb Mar
Slab (10%) 40% 100%
Framing (20%) 40%
Electric (15%) 10%

Ok here's my problem, I need to have the Total change on every trip by
multipling the %Value column by the percentage completed of that Item on each
trip.
So for trip in Feb there is only one total which is in the Slab row and it
should be 4%.
The next trip in Mar the total for each Item should be as follows.
Slab 100%
Framing 8%
Electric 1%
On each trip that follows the total needs to update every time I put a new
percentage in the Trip column.

So is there a way to do it.
--
Rodney
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Why are you showing Slab percentages as negative?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rodney" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again,

I'm trying to make sense out of your "results"

The total for Feb Slab is 10%*40%=4%
but Mar Slab is 10%*100% you get 100% I get 10%?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rodney" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, my bad on that with 1 too many zeros. 100% of the work done will be 10%
on the total.

I didn't mean for the ( ) to represent a negative, just that they were
different from the other percentages. Sorry about that. I've just had a hard
time figureing this out. Thanks
--
Rodney

"Rodney" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You will find it best to think the problem through as much as possible
before posting it, the main reason is that a lot of us won't spend the time
asking for clarifation, we will just ignore the question. I'm a little more
vocal than many.

Anyway, that said..

Assume that your first row of data is row 3 and the total cell is E3 the
formula:

=B3*C3+B3*D3

Will work or you can simplify it to

=B3*(C3+D3)

If you are going to have many months then

=B3*SUM(C3:D3)

will prove easier to expand.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rodney" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each trip there's a new total percentage completed that needs to be multipled
by the number in the value column.
In Feb there was 40% of the slab completed but when I went back in March it
was 100% completed. So I can't add the two together then multiple by the 10%
value that the slab represents. It has to be .10x.40 then .10x 1.00 the next
time but still show up in the total column.
--
Rodney