Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is wrong with this formula

I think what you are trying to do is this:

=IF(D10+D11-D130,(D10+D11-D13)*$A10,0)

A shorter way of doing it is:

=MAX(0,(D10+D11-D13)*$A10)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 21, 12:46*am, Kim wrote:
Hi. I'm new to this formula stuff so please answer so that I can understand.
I thought I'd copied the format correctly (from Microsaft SUMIF Help) but I
keep getting an error message that something is wrong. I can't see what
though... *The Function button seems to show that everything is correct..
=SUMIF(D10+D11-D13,"0",(D10+D11-D13)*$A10)

It's to display a percentage (A10) of a sum if the sum is 0.
If it's <=0 then no sum is needed. Or, in fact, I'd rather display '0' in
the cell. How would I do that?
Thanks.