Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I format a cell based on conditions in five different cells

I want the change the color in a cell that sums five different cells, but the
color (five different colors) will be based on the conditions in each of the
five cells. I have tried conditional formatting/new rule/using formulas to
create format. However, I can't seem to get an if statement to work in the
formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suppose you want to format A1 based on B1 (and/or C1) then use a formula like
=B1=15
or
=B110
or
=AND (B110,B1<21)
or
=AND (B110,C120)

You get the idea.

Upto Excel 2003 you can have at most three set of conditions... You can have
3 conditions plus one when none of those three are true.
You can have three more based on cell formatting but those have limitations.